Community Conferencing is a powerful social justice process that brings together everyone involved in, and affected by, crime and conflict. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT CONFERENCING HERE - CRCBC YOUTH PROMO
Together with their supporters, everyone involved gets to:
- Hear, and say, what happened.
- Tell how they have been affected by the incident.
- Create an agreement which repairs the harm done, and stops it from happening again.
Fundamental principles of Community Conferencing:
- People have the capacity to resolve situations themselves, when provided with a safe and structured space to do so.
- Solutions stick when the people affected are part of making them!
- Conflicts in communities are best resolved inside the community.
- Effective conflict management fosters accountability and builds safer communities.
- Violence can be prevented when people have a safe space to address problems.